1, 8, 15 & 22 December
On every Sunday during December (except the the 29th), there will be a seasonal celebration at Candie with lots to see & do. The opening times are 10.00-16.00 (the Grotto is open 11.00-15.00).
Normal admission applies to the Museum, so it's FREE for Discovery Pass holders.
The extra attractions include:
* a unique Santa's Grotto set up in the gardens (open 11.00-15.00), decorated especially for the occasion. A charge of £5 per child applies to the Grotto and includes a small gift.
* making seasonal decorations and cards. Children's crafts will take place in the Discovery Room, while activities elsewhere are specifically aimed at older children and adults. For returning visitors, the crafts will vary.
* festive family films shown in the Frossard Theatre all day and there will be new seasonal-themed trails in the Museum too.
* live music in the galleries, including Christmas carol singing in Guernésiais.
* storytelling in the galleries provided each week by staff from Guille-Allès Library.
There is a beautiful range of gifts on sale in the Museum shop and Café Victoria will be open for hot drinks, mince pies, snacks and lunches.
Vikki Gray of Visitor Services: 'we like to think that Candie Christmas offers something different to other festive experiences. The museum galleries are a unique backdrop to some really special activities - such as printing your own cards or making Christmas tree decorations'.