Children & Families
- Children & Families
Children & Families
At Guernsey Museums we strive to make visits enjoyable for families. We hope the practical information below about the facilities at our sites helps you to make the most of your trip.
We welcome questions and comments about our service for families - please contact the Access & Learning Manager, details on our contacts page.
- Castle trails and activity sheets for all ages
- Dressing up, free of charge
- Spot-it picture boards inside the galleries, aimed at children under 7
- Baby change facilities next to the 201 Squadron Museum
- Pushchairs may be left at the shop and baby back carriers may be borrowed (the Castle has uneven surfaces and many steps)
- Suitable picnic spots include the lawn in the Inner Ward
- Café and toilet facilities in the Castle are located in the Upper Barracks building
- Nearby parking at Castle Emplacement is limited; bus terminus is 10 mins walk
Guernsey Museum & Art Gallery
- The Discovery Room, a dedicated hands-on learning space featuring the Cabinets of Curiosities, old-fashioned games, puzzles, hands-on activities and dressing up
- The Time Warp, an area next to the Discovery Room which is decorated as a certain period from history. The Time Warp changes every 12 months and has previously been Ebenezer Le Page's sitting room and a 2nd class cabin from RMS Titanic.
- Help-yourself trunk filled with trails, activity sheets and spot-it picture boards
- Café and toilets in the same building
- Disabled toilet and baby change facilities
- Nearby parking on Candie road is limited; larger car parks are at Upland Rd (3 mins walk) or Beau Sejour (5 mins walk across Cambridge Park)
- Positioned in the beautiful Candie Gardens which includes a lawn area suitable for picnics and a pond (great for spotting fishes)
Fort Grey Shipwreck Museum
- Discovery Sacks available for free loan from the Shop. These are bags filled with objects and activities to help children explore the Tower and the Museum. Objects include a pair of binoculars, a compass with guide, pirate accessories and a magnifying glass
- Help-yourself trunk of trails, quizzes and spot-it picture boards available inside the Tower
- Large car park, café and toilet facilities are available over the road at the Guernsey Pearl premises
Have you found the information you're looking for?
Are you visiting with a children's organisation or school? Please select 'Learning' from our home page.