Entry for Bailiwick teachers (pre-visits etc)
At Guernsey Museums we offer free access to Bailiwick teachers in order for them to:
· Research and aid projects
· Carry out pre-visits (do risk assessments, familiarisation with a venue, etc)
· Create trails and activities
From March 2019, the procedure for this is changing. Previously, Guernsey Museums issued individual Passes to teachers but these are being phased out. Instead, to claim free access for the purposes above, we simply ask that teaching staff contact us beforehand to let us know that they are coming for a teacher research visit. A phone call to 726518 is fine, or alternatively you can email email@example.com. We trust this will not be too inconvenient, as school visits are usually booked at least a fortnight in advance.
We are making this change because:
· We are standardising the procedure for free entry generally, across our sites and groups
· We strive to be efficient and more environmentally friendly (by issuing less Passes)
· We would like to monitor and assist with the number of teaching research visits
Guernsey Museums actively encourage all teachers to carry out pre-visits. Museum staff can meet teachers on site and this can be arranged out-of-season too, depending on maintenance work going on.
(If you do currently have a Pass or a letter for accessing the museums under the old procedure, you may continue using these until the expiry date).
If you are a teacher and you would like to visit regularly in your own time, a Discovery Pass is our best value ticket. The price is £18 per year and includes access for any under 18s you bring with you. We always recommend this Pass to teachers with children of their own, as it's the best deal. With a Discovery Pass you also have discounts in the shop. To buy a Discovery Pass, please visit any of our sites above during opening hours (except German Naval Signals HQ. DPs from Fort Grey are sold at Guernsey Pearl over the road).